- Monitor all NC Central University research activities to assure compliance with relevant federal, state, and local regulations and university policies and procedures.
- Address existing and potential hazards to compliance.
- Support faculty, staff, and students with training and resources to establish an environment of accountability and integrity while encouraging scientific discovery, innovation, and safety.
- Protect the University’s intellectual property and facilitate opportunities for the commercialization of new knowledge and technologies.
- Protect faculty, staff, and students who are reporting occurrences of noncompliance.