Concerts, Parade, Football Game and Other Signature Events Scheduled
Safety is the university’s top priority. NCCU is operating in accordance with the health and safety guidelines of the state of North Carolina’s executive orders. All campus visitors are required to wear face masks and coverings for all indoor and outdoor events, practice proper social distancing and adhere to all Centers for Disease Control and Prevention procedures.
Award-winning national recording-artists and comedian will take the stage at the university’s signature gospel, hip-hop and alumni concerts. This year’s lineup includes:
- **Grammy Award-winning artists Le’Andria Johnson and Jonathan McReynolds will perform for the Ultimate Praise Homecoming Gospel Concert on Sunday, Oct. 31. Additional entertainment by NCCU’s Worship and Praise Inspirational Gospel Choir and the Best of the Carolinas Gospel Competition winner Josiah Russell will be part of the concert experience at 5 p.m. in McDougald-McLendon Arena.
- **Hip-Hop artist Key Glock will headline the Homecoming Hip-Hop Concert. He will be joined by R&B singer Jacquees beginning at 8 p.m., Thursday, Nov. 4, also in McDougald-McLendon Arena.
- **Original “King of Comedy” D.L. Hughley and Durham’s own Epitome Band will perform at the NCCU Division of Institutional Advancement/ Office of Alumni Relations’ evening of jazz and comedy event on Friday, Nov. 5. NCCU alumnus and comedian Rod Allison will provide additional entertainment as the show host beginning at 7 p.m., at the Sheraton Imperial Hotel Raleigh-Durham Airport at Research Triangle Park, 4700 Emperor Blvd, Durham, NC 27703.
The university will also offer several of its signature Homecoming events.
On Monday, Nov. 1, NCCU will crown the 2021-2022 Royal Court during the Miss and Mister NCCU Coronation and Ball in McDougald-McLendon Arena at 7 p.m.
The 74th Founder’s Day Convocation will begin at 9 a.m., on Friday, Nov. 5, in McDougald-McLendon Arena. The event recognizes the life and contributions of NCCU founder Dr. James E. Shepard. As part of the observance, members of the classes of 1970 and 1971 will be inducted into the Society of Golden Eagles. The society includes alumni who graduated from the university at least 50 years ago. Following Convocation, a wreath-laying ceremony will take place in front of the James E. Shepard Statue on campus.
DTLR lifestyle brand will host its HBCU Tour during the Eagle Street Festival at 1 p.m., Friday, Nov. 5, on George Street.
**At McDougald-McLendon Arena, NCCU’s Office of Fraternity and Sorority Life will host the annual Ultimate Face-off Step Show with performances from the National Pan-Hellenic Council and the Council of Independent Organizations, at 7 p.m., Friday, Nov. 5.
Festivities will continue with the pre-game Ultimate Homecoming Parade, starting at 9 a.m., on Saturday, Nov. 6, on Fayetteville Street, beginning at Cornwallis Road with Thurman Prescott Jr. serving as grand marshal. Prescott was the first director of the university’s A.E. Student Union serving from 1966 until his retirement in 2003.
**The parade will be followed by the Homecoming football game against Norfolk State University at 2 p.m., in O’Kelly-Riddick Stadium.
Other Homecoming events include:
Sunday, Oct. 31
- Worship Service, 1 p.m., McDougald-McLendon Arena
Tuesday, Nov. 2
- The Ultimate Talent Show, 6 p.m., McDougald-McLendon Arena
Wednesday, Nov. 3
- NCCU Alumni Association Homecoming Kickoff Cycling Fundraiser, 7 a.m., Durham Bulls Athletic Park, 409 Blackwell Street, Durham, N.C. 27701*
- The Ultimate Drag Show, 6 p.m., McDougald-McLendon Arena
Thursday, Nov. 4
- NCCU Alumni Association Golf Tournament Scholarship Fundraiser, 9 a.m., Hillandale Golf Course, 1600 Hillandale Road, Durham, NC 27705*
Saturday, Nov. 6
- NCCU Art Museum Student Group Exhibition, 6 p.m., Fine Arts Building
- NCCU Alumni Association 1910 Throwback Party, 7 p.m., Sheraton Imperial Hotel*
- NCCU Alumni Association 10:40 Break Alumni Party, 10 p.m., Sheraton Imperial Hotel*
*Visit NCCUAlumni.org for more information and tickets.
The university will not host its annual post-game social in the James E. Shepard Library Bowl as part of COVID-19 restrictions. There will be limited, controlled access to the library bowl and barricades will encompass the perimeter of the area. Any and all activities and gatherings are prohibited. Individuals and organizations who are not compliant may be sanctioned.
**Event Ticket Information
All Homecoming event tickets for the public are on sale now and can be purchased at the NCCU Ticket Office or online at https://www.nccu.edu/the-ultimate-homecoming/tickets.
The Ultimate Gospel Concert, Hip-Hop and R&B Concert and Step Show will also stream live on NCCU’s Sports Network at a cost of $10 per event.
Members of the media who wish to cover the 2021 Ultimate Homecoming Experience may request credentials here.
To schedule an interview with an artist performing at the 2021 Ultimate Homecoming Experience, please contact Ariel Germain, email@example.com, 919-530-7474.