Happy Homecoming, Eagles and friends!
As we continue to have a great Eagle Pride...Amplified week; here are a few vital transportation and parking reminders for Saturday, Nov. 5.
NCCU Homecoming Parade:
Lawson St. and Fayetteville St. will close at 6 a.m., Saturday, Nov. 5, to accommodate the flow of the Homecoming parade and Homecoming activities. Fayetteville St. will be closed from Cornwallis Rd., near White Rock Church to Lawson St.
Please use Apex Highway/Alston Avenue and Roxboro Street to access campus. Fayetteville Street will reopen after the parade at 12 p.m., Saturday, Nov. 5.
NCCU Game-day Parking:
Lawson Street will remain closed between Fayetteville Street and Apex Highway/Alston Avenue until after the Homecoming football game.
The following parking lots will be closed on Saturday, Nov. 5, for game-day parking:
- A.E. Student Union Parking Lot
- B.N. Duke Parking Lot
- BBRI Parking Lot
- Cecil St. (From Alston Avenue to Fayetteville Street)
- Chidley Parking Lot
- Criminal Justice Parking Lots
- Eagle Campus Drive
- Farrison-Newton Communications Building Parking Lot
- George Street Parking Lot
- Latham Parking Deck and Surface Parking Lot
- Lawson St. Parking Lot (Apex Highway/Alston Avenue to Fayetteville Street)
- Lincoln St. Parking Lot (George Street to Nelson Street)
- McDougald-McLendon Arena Parking Lot
- McLean Parking Lot
- Miller-Morgan Parking Lot
- Nelson Street Parking Lot
- NCCU Student Center Parking Lot
- O'Kelly-Riddick Parking Lot
- School of Education Parking Lot
- Albert L. Turner School of Law Building Parking Lot
- James E. Shepard Administration Parking Lot
- Student Services Building Parking Lot
NCCU students, please move your vehicles from the above lots before 12:01 a.m., Saturday, Nov. 5. Students parking during Homecoming will be available at the following locations:
- C.C. Spaulding Elementary School Parking lot
- Mary Townes Parking Lots
NCCU students can return to the Latham Parking Deck at the conclusion of the Homecoming football game. If you are traveling during the weekend of Homecoming, please move your vehicle to one of the locations before leaving the campus. Visitors will use all levels of the Latham Parking Deck for the football game.
Please meet these vendors at the following designated locations for deliveries from Uber, Lyft, Uber Eats, or other food delivery services.
- Dupree Street/Lincoln Street
- Martha Street/Lincoln Street
These vendors will not be able to access the campus during Homecoming activities this Saturday.
Visitors can purchase game day parking permits online. Individuals desiring to park in the Latham Parking Deck must obtain a game-day parking permit here: https://app.parkmobile.io/venue/o-kelly-riddick-stadium/events. The cost is $35.00 with credit cards or debit cards as forms of payment.
For questions or concerns, don't hesitate to get in touch with NCCU Transportation and Parking Services at 919-530-7388.