North Carolina Central University will host a home football game on Sept. 24, at 4 p.m., against Virginia-Lynchburg University in O’Kelly-Riddick Stadium. Stadium gates will open at 2 p.m.
Please note the following in preparation for the game:
Wearing of face masks is optional in O’Kelly-Riddick Stadium.
- Road Closures/Parking:
- Road Closures: Lawson Street, between Fayetteville Street and Alston Avenue, will be closed at 9 a.m. on Saturday, Sept. 24. Any vehicles parked on Lawson Street after the closure will be ticketed and towed.
- Closed lots for game day parking: A.E. Student Union, Alexander Dunn, B.N. Auditorium Lot, BBRI Lot, Cecil Street, Chidley Lot, Criminal Justice, Eagle Campus Drive, Farrison-Newton Communications Lot, George Street, Latham Parking Deck and Surface Lot, Law School Lot, Lawson Street, Lincoln Street, McDougald-McLendon Arena Lot, McLean Lot, Miller-Morgan, Nelson Street, NCCU Student Center, Nursing School, O’Kelly-Riddick Lot, School of Education, Shepard Administration Lot, O’Kelly-Riddick Stadium Surface Lot and Student Services Building
- Student Parking: Parking for students with valid permit or ADA sticker is available in the lower and upper lots of the Mary Townes Science Complex and Latham Parking Deck, CC Spaulding Elementary School and Latham Parking Deck (5th Floor only).
- Faculty/Staff Parking: Parking for faculty and staff with valid permit or ADA sticker is available with at the School of Education Lots.
- Rideshare/Taxi/Food Delivery Services: The use of public transportation and taxi services including Uber and Lyft are highly recommended. Designated pick-up and drop-off locations are Cecil Street at the NCCU Student Center Driveway or Lincoln Street between Dupree and Dunbar Streets.
- All visitors are encouraged to purchase game day parking permits online. Individuals desiring to park in the Latham Parking Deck must obtain a game day parking permit here: https://app.parkmobile.io/venue/o-kelly-riddick-stadium/events. The cost is $28.00 with credit cards and/or debit cards as forms of payment.
- NCCU Student Entry: The entry gate for NCCU students is located at the O’Kelly-Riddick Stadium main gate located on Eagle Campus Drive, between the Student Services and Physical Plant buildings.
- Cashless Transactions: Fans will be required to use a credit card, debit card or mobile payment for all purchases in the stadium.
- Security Check: Before entering the game, individuals will be required to go through a security check. The following items are NOT ALLOWED in the O’Kelly-Riddick Stadium:
- Umbrellas: Fans may not bring umbrellas.
- Food or beverages: Fans may not bring food or beverages.
- Bags: Fans must adhere to the Department of Athletics’ clear bag policy. All permissible bags will be checked upon entry into the stadium. All bags must be clear plastic, vinyl, or PVC and less than 12" x 12"x 6" – exceptions will be made for medical and baby needs. Small wristlets/clutches (less than 4.5" x 6.5" x 1") with or without a strap are permitted.
- Cushion Seats: Cushion seat backs must be less than 17” x 9.5”.