As a reminder, faculty and staff who have not uploaded proof of FULL COVID-19 vaccination via the link in myEOL on or before September 8, 2021, will be assigned to participate in weekly surveillance testing beginning the week of Sept. 13, 2021.
We are in the process of making arrangements for that testing with the vendor and wanted to provide you with further information as we move closer to the date.
- All faculty and staff who have not uploaded proof that they are FULLY vaccinated will be assigned a testing day and time block each week to report for surveillance testing. Due to the number of persons who will require a test each week we do not have the capacity to schedule appointments or allow walk-ins. Allowances for changes to assigned times will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
- Anyone who has tested positive for COVID in the past 90 days must upload proof of their positive test to Medicat to be exempt from surveillance testing for 90 days.
- To ensure proper staffing at the testing site, persons who show up outside of their assigned testing day/time without prior authorization will NOT be tested that week.
- Persons who fail to test during their assigned day/time without proper authorization will be notified along with their Supervisor and will be subject to disciplinary action .
- Employees who choose to test off campus will not be compensated for the time and must upload proof of weekly testing to Medicat within 24 hours of their assigned test date/time.
- An exemption from vaccination for medical or religious reasons does NOT exempt you from weekly surveillance testing.
- Campus testing is conducted on the first floor of the Walker Complex and takes approximately 20 minutes for testing and results.
- Supervisors should allow personnel time to test during their regular work hours.
There is still time to become fully vaccinated prior to the beginning of surveillance testing. The NCCU COVID-19 Vaccine Clinic will be offering all three COVID-19 vaccines this Wednesday, September 1, 2021, from 10 a.m. – 3:45 p.m. at the A.E. Student Union. Please sign up for an appointment by clicking here. Individuals who receive the Johnson & Johnson vaccine on September 1 and upload their card prior to September 8 will be exempt from the surveillance testing list.
If you are having issues uploading your proof of vaccination, please submit an IT helpdesk ticket as they have a group working on these issues with individuals.