The NCCU Child Development Laboratory (CDL) serves children ages 3 and 4 years old.
Prior to reopening, an application will be submitted to the North Carolina Division of Child Development and Early Education (DCDEE) as soon as possible (a minimum of 48 hours prior).
The application includes the following information:
- Basic CDL information (owner name, address, phone number, contact person, license number, and capacity)
- Declaration: CDL agrees to provide daily screenings, health checks, hand-washing stations, and food
These additional points will be addressed in the reopening process:
- Agree to submit a daily vacancy COVID-19 survey.
- Obtain signature.
- Obtain child care consultant approval to reopen.
- Discuss the health and safety plan.
- The consultant will issue a health and safety certificate, and this will be posted in the center.
- The consultant will visit the center to ensure the guidelines are implemented.
- Notify parents and staff of the reopening date.
- The parents will sign an agreement of the new policies and procedures, including arrival/departure procedures and the sick policy.
- Provide parents and staff the new operational policies for review and obtain signatures prior to the children returning.
- Post a door sign.