SOAR is for first-time students who have recently graduated from high school and transfer students from a community college or other four-year institution; it is designed to help you make a smooth transition to life at NCCU. During this orientation, you will immerse yourself in NCCU's traditions, campus culture and academic programs. You will also learn about the exciting new experiences and challenges you may encounter during your first year, including academic expectations and student life.
Student Orientation, Advising and Registration (SOAR)
SOAR Registration Information
- First-year, transfer and second-degree seeking students (if the first-degree was not at NCCU): $250
We know that you are excited about embarking on this next step in your academic career, and we are here to guide you each step of the way as you take the final steps to join us at the Nest.
You will receive an email notification when you are able to begin completing the Before You SOAR Checklist, allowing you to register for SOAR.
Be advised that SOAR is mandatory for all first-time, transfer and second-degree seeking (if the first-degree was not at NCCU) students.
SOAR 2023 Session Dates
- Tuesday, May 9 (Summer 1 admits only)
- Sunday, June 4–Tuesday, June 6 (First-Year)
- Wednesday, June 7 (Transfer)
- Sunday, June 11–Tuesday, June 13 (First-Year)
- Wednesday, June 14 (Transfer)
- Sunday, June 25–Tuesday, June 27 (First-Year)
- Wednesday, June 28 (Transfer)
- Sunday, July 9–Tuesday, July 11 (First-Year)
- Wednesday, July 12 (Transfer)
A full itinerary will be provided at orientation.
Before You SOAR
To assist you in your registration to NCCU, we have created a Before You SOAR Checklist Overview page.