Residents must vacate the residence halls 24 hours after their last final exam. Residence halls will close to all students at 12 p.m. (noon) on Sunday, May 5, 2024. Please use the information in the email to plan ahead. Students will not be permitted to remain in the residence halls beyond the dates outlined above.
When students check out of their room, it should be cleaned thoroughly, and all personal belongings should be removed from their room. Hall staff will be checking the condition of rooms and assessing charges for any damages and/or trash remaining in your space and community areas.
To assist us and to avoid damage charges, please ensure the following:
- All personal items are removed from your room (clothing, shoes, electronics, etc.).
- Drawers are empty, clean, and left open.
- Desks, dressers, closets, and beds are checked for stray items.
- Door(s), floor, and walls are free of items and sticky residue.
- Micro-fridge is unplugged, defrosted and clean (if applicable). You should complete this a week in advance to ensure that the freezer has time to thaw and proper cleaning can occur.
- Mattress cover is removed (if applicable).
- Bed is set up in its original position.
- Room, surfaces, under the bed, and behind furniture are thoroughly dusted and clean on your side of the room.
- All personal items are removed (toiletries, personal hygiene products, grooming products, etc.).
- Sink, toilet, and shower are clean.
- Floor is clean.
Kitchen (if applicable)
- All personal items are removed (dishware, cooking utensils, pots, pans, etc.)
- Refrigerator is empty and clean.
- Microwave is clean.
- Sink is clean.
- Counters and appliance surfaces are clean.
- Personal carpet(s), rug(s), or other large or small item(s) are removed or disposed in the appropriate receptacle (this includes microwaves and refrigerators).
- Close and lock all windows and doors.
- Ensure window blinds are down and closed.
- No items are left on the window sill.
- Floors are swept and carpets vacuumed.
- All trash and recycling have been properly removed.
- All lights are turned off.