NCCU will only approve University-sponsored (paid for by the University) domestic travel for employees and students who meet one of these travel vaccination/testing requirements:
- Upload proof of full COVID-19 vaccination to the Medicat portal or
- Have a vaccination exemption approved by Human Resources and
Due to the severity of COVID-19 conditions in some international destinations, foreign travel remains restricted to travel determined essential for academic research or university business. International travel must be approved by the Chancellor following a favorable recommendation from the appropriate vice chancellor, dean or director. For athletic events, relevant guidance issued by the NCAA and MEAC is considered.
The types of international travel that may qualify for an exception include:
- Travel intended to assist in the assessment of, treatment for, or research relating to COVID-19 or other critical health care issues
- Travel relating to the University’s legal, risk management or emergency response efforts relating to COVID-19
- Travel required to assure the continued operations of the University in response to COVID-19
- Travel that is necessary and time-sensitive to preserve the safety of a research subject or the results of a substantial and ongoing research activity
- Travel that is required to complete a grant or award requirement or deliverable for which the failure to perform will substantially jeopardize the continuation of grant or award
- Travel to appear in any legal, judicial or regulatory proceeding on behalf of the University as a party, as a witness or as necessary to assist the University in the proceeding
- Travel that is necessary to meet a requirement for graduation this semester, that cannot otherwise be postponed and for which the failure to travel could result in the failure to receive a degree at the end of the semester
- Travel that is part of a university-sponsored academic or athletic program that has been pre-approved by the Chancellor and subject to any necessary or appropriate requirements or conditions
Prior to planning any University-sponsored international travel, NCCU faculty, staff and students are required to complete and submit the NCCU International Travel Checklist.