Masks are required by all persons regardless of vaccination status inside campus buildings with the following exceptions:
- Students in residential housing in their assigned residence hall room;
- Persons alone in private offices; or
- While eating or drinking.
If you are NOT fully vaccinated, you are also required to wear a mask outdoors when distancing is not possible.
The CDC recognizes there are specific instances when wearing a mask may not be feasible. The following categories of people may apply for an accommodation to be exempt from wearing a mask on campus:
- A child under the age of 2 years;
- A person with a disability who cannot wear a mask, or cannot safely wear a mask, for reasons related to the disability;
- A person for whom wearing a mask would create a risk to workplace health, safety, or job duty as determined by a workplace risk assessment
Persons with an approved medical or safety mask exemption will be provided with alternate mitigations to ensure their safety and the safety of those around them.
Additional or replacement masks for students can be obtained from Student Health Services. All employees working on campus are provided a five-day supply of cloth masks that can be laundered at home and maintained for an extended period of time.
Please review the CDC guidance for choosing the correct type of mask and proper care and use.