Admittance to the Theatre Performance concentration, as well as scholarship competition, will be by audition and academic qualification.
Each auditioning student must present two contrasting 1-minute monologues. Contrast may be obtained through dramatic form (e.g., serious drama versus comedy) or period style (e.g., contemporary versus classical). Students who sing may bring 32 bars of a musical selection with musical accompaniment (i.e., an accompanist or a karaoke-style tape or CD)
Criteria for Actor Rating
- Acting ability: honesty and believability in character portrayal
- Communication skills: clear diction, appropriate volume, and vocal technique
- Movement and gesture: appropriate character physicality
- Stage presence: personal professionalism in behavior and dress; confidence displayed; character energy and command of space
The following audition schedule will be observed unless otherwise announced:
- Spring auditions will be scheduled during the second week of May
- Fall auditions will be scheduled during the first week of classes
- Winter auditions will be scheduled during the first week of classes
Performance faculty (at least three individuals) will conduct performance auditions.
Admittance to the Technical Theatre concentration, as well as scholarship competition, will be by portfolio/resume presentation and academic qualification.
The Technical Theatre concentration portfolio/resume presentation schedule will be the same as the performance audition schedule listed above unless otherwise posted.