The School of Graduate Studies admission requirements are noted below:
- Online graduate admission application
- $50 application fee (non-refundable)
- Official transcripts from all universities and colleges attended
- Personal statement (check whether the degree program has specific criteria/guidelines for this document)
- Minimum 2.75 GPA (note: some programs may have a higher GPA requirement)
- If you have not already done so or your residency determination has expired and you intend to claim NC residency for tuition purposes (in-state tuition), you are required to complete the NC Residency Determination Services application.
Departments may have additional admission requirements. These requirements vary from program to program. For example, some departments may require the following supporting documents:
- Writing sample
- Letters of recommendation (Some programs require at least two, and some require at least three. Also, some programs require that the person that is recommending you is a former professor, field supervisor, or employer supervisor.)
- Specific foundation courses
For program application deadlines, please note that not all programs have the same deadline date.