Use a virtual private network to access networks, drives and Banner INB.
- Virtual private networks (VPNs) ensure that internet traffic is encrypted, especially if connected to a public Wi-Fi network.
- Be sure to exclusively use the VPN when working and when accessing company information systems remotely.
- When using the VPN, stay logged on only while you are accessing the necessary tool. Once you are finishing accessing the necessary software, log out of the VPN.
Beware of phishing attempts.
- There is an increasing number of Coronavirus-based phishing emails going around, preying on the health concerns of the public.
- Avoid clicking on links in random emails and be cautious of email attachments.
- Do not reveal personal or financial information through email.
Do not share work computers and other devices.
- When taking work devices home, those devices should not be shared with or used by anyone else in the home.
- Reduce the risk of unauthorized or inadvertent access to protected company information.
Remember: if it looks too good to be true, it probably is.
Always contact the Eagle Technical Assistance Center (ETAC; 919-530-7676) or email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions about suspicious emails.
For tips from the U.S. Federal Trade Commission and posts about recent spam attempts, visit https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/features/coronavirus-scams-what-ftc-doing.
If you are experiencing issues or have questions, please contact ETAC at 919-530-7676