National Cybersecurity Awareness Month (NCSAM), which is celebrated every October, was created as a collaborative effort between government and industry to ensure every American has the resources they need to stay safer and more secure online. North Carolina Central University is proud to participate in National Cybersecurity Awareness Month and provide useful resources to its faculty, staff, and students about protecting themselves online.
NCSAM is led by the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) and the National Cyber Security Alliance (NCSA). The 2020 overarching theme is “Do Your Part. #BeCyberSmart,” which emphasizes personal accountability and the importance of taking proactive steps to enhance cybersecurity. Each week of October is associated with a different theme that relates to the importance of taking proactive steps to enhance cybersecurity in one’s home and workplace.
NCSAM emphasizes a motto of “if you connect it, protect it.” Throughout October, NCCU will focus on the following areas:
- October 1–4: Official NCSAM Kick-off
- Week of October 5 (Week 1): If You Connect It, Protect It
- Week of October 12 (Week 2): Preparation for the Changing Cybersecurity Threat Landscape
- Week of October 19 (Week 3): Securing Devices at Home and Work
- Week of October 26 (Week 4): The Future of Connected Devices