Dozens of dedicated students campaigned virtually this spring to obtain spots on North Carolina Central University’s Student Government Association and Royal Court. The newly selected student-leaders for the upcoming academic year are now ready to provide Eagle Excellence through their leadership and execution of their platforms.
For the 2020-21 academic year, the executive board will include KeShaun Coleman as SGA president, Jonta Elliot as vice president, Nijel Hawley-Newkirk as Mister NCCU, and Imani Johnson as Miss NCCU.
KeShaun Coleman, a High Point, North Carolina, native, is majoring in mass communications with a concentration in public relations. His platform, Moving Forward, Faster, focuses on recruitment, retention, legacy, efficiency, and community outreach. His goal is to recruit local high school students to NCCU, assist the community, enhance the overall NCCU brand, educate the campus on various resources, and advocate for student concerns.
Jonta Elliot, from White Lake, North Carolina, is majoring in nursing. His platform, Incredible, focused on the “Power of I : Inspire, Improve, Instruct and Increase." His goal is to inspire students to maintain Eagle excellence, improve the student experience, instruct SGA members to become more educated and professional, and increase student organization participation.
Additional student leaders for the upcoming academic year are as follows:
Student Government Association
- Tyrionna Dockery, Senior Class President
- Cedric Burden, Junior Class Senator
- Nyquaisia Brown, Sophomore Class President
- Deneisha Wilson, Sophomore Class Senator
- Raven Gaddist, Sophomore Class Senator
- Nijel Hawley-Newkirk, Mister NCCU
- Imani Johnson, Miss NCCU
- Christopher Clodfelter, Mister Senior
- Dallas Thompson, Miss Senior
- Jeremy Williams, Mister Junior
- Zoe Campbell, Miss Junior
- Jaylen Segers, Mister Sophomore
- Jade Richmond, Miss Sophomore
Student Activities Board
- Alexis Montana Harp, President
- Jada Anthony, Vice President
- Jazmonique Beverly, Executive Secretary
- Cambria White, Marketing and Promotions Chair
- Michael Jarvis, Entertainment Chair
- Destaine Anderson, Performing Arts Chair
- Geneieve Ellis, Special Events Co-Chair
- Tianna Quick, Special Events Co-Chair
- Dewayne Whitehead, Spirit and Traditions Chair