All international students will follow the rules and regulations for international students prescribed by (1) the Department of Homeland Security's Student Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP) for international students and (2) the rules and regulations/provisions of the University.
International Students and Study Abroad Programs
New International Students
- The incoming international students will follow the instructions they receive to apply for the student visa.
- Once the student receives the visa, the student will travel to the U.S. and report to campus for check-in and orientation by the Office of International Affairs (OIA) and New Student and Family Programs as applicable for undergraduate students.
- The student will then move into pre-arranged housing on or off campus.
- From that point on, the student will be monitored by OIA in matters relating to the rules and regulations of their visa status/immigration and by their academic advisors/departments in matters relating to their academic/student life.
Returning International Students
- OIA will continue to monitor international students and contact them with information they need to know or be reminded of—for example, reporting address changes to OIA, health insurance enrollment, sessions for Optional Practical Training (OPT) and Curricular Practical Training (CPT), and updates from SEVP.
Due to COVID-19, NCCU has put on hold all study-abroad programs until further notice. Study abroad information sessions are available by contacting [email protected].