At NCCU, two groups have primary responsibility for managing COVID-19 on campus in collaboration with numerous internal groups and our external partners, Apex Solutions and the Durham County Health Department.
- Environmental Health and Safety
- Manages campus-wide response and planning
- Provides medical professionals to assist faculty and staff with reporting, exposures, testing, and contact tracing
- Student Affairs
- Manages the student population medically including testing, reporting and contact tracing
- Provides quarantine and isolation spaces and policies for students
In addition, throughout the pandemic, NCCU leadership meet weekly to discuss COVID-19 issues, review new public health guidance and make changes to the COVID-19 plans as necessary.