Fall Commencement Exercises will take place on Saturday, December 10, 2022, at 9 a.m. (baccalaureate) and 2 p.m. (graduate and professional).
Fall Commencement Parking Information
Main Parking Areas and Overflow Locations
- The Latham Parking Deck and Surface Lot (Lawson and Dupree streets), and the NCCU Student Center Lot (Nelson and Cecil streets) are the main parking facilities for Fall Commencement.
- ADA parking is available in the L.T. Walker Complex Lot and Latham Parking Deck and Surface Lot. Guests will need to present a valid ADA/handicap decal in order to park in ADA-specific spots.
- Additional parking areas include the School of Education Lot, the Criminal Justice Lot and the Mary Townes Lower Lot.
An overflow lot will be available at the C.C. Spaulding Elementary School (1531 Roxboro St.). Shuttle service will also connect to this location.
The NCCU Transit Circulator Shuttle will operate around campus before, during and after the Fall Commencement to shuttle everyone to the McDougald-McLendon Arena.
Ride-Share Drop-off Locations
Dupree Street, between Lincoln and Alston streets, and Cecil Street, between the NCCU Student Center Lot and Fayetteville Street, will be the designated drop-off locations for hotel shuttles and Uber or Lyft.
Go Durham Transit
For those who wish to ride public transit, Go Durham operates two routes that connect to the NCCU campus: routes 5 and 8. There is no charge to ride Go Durham or any connecting transit company in the Greater Triangle region.
- Maps and Schedules: Go Durham (godurhamtransit.org) Route 5
- Maps and Schedules: GoDurham (godurhamtransit.org) Route 8
The City of Durham will allow parking on area streets during the ceremonies. The City of Durham Parking Enforcement will ticket or tow only if a vehicle is blocking a residential or business driveway. Please keep that in mind if you park along Lincoln Street, Martha Street, Dupree Street, Merrick Street, Formosa Avenue or Pekoe Avenue.