Spring Commencement Exercises will take place on Friday, May 6, and Saturday, May 7. Both ceremonies will begin at 8 a.m. each day.
Spring Commencement Parking Information
Main Parking Areas and Overflow Locations
- The Latham Parking Deck and Surface Lot, off Lawson and Dupree Streets, and the NCCU New Student Center Lot (off Nelson and Cecil streets) are the main parking facilities for Spring Commencement.
- The O’Kelly Lot near the Walker Complex will be for ADA parking only. Guests will need to present a valid ADA decal in order to enter the O’Kelly Lot. Campus Police and Parking Enforcement will not allow access to the O’Kelly Lot without a valid ADA/handicap parking decal.
- Additional parking areas include the School of Education Lot, the Criminal Justice Lot and the Mary Townes Lower Lot.
Overflow lots will be at Saint Joseph AME Church (2521 Fayetteville Street) and the C.C. Spaulding Elementary School (1531 Roxboro Street, at Lawson Street). Shuttles will also connect to these overflow satellite locations.
The NCCU Transit Circulator Shuttle will operate around campus before, during and after the Spring Commencement to shuttle everyone to the O’Kelly-Riddick Stadium area.
Ride-Share Drop-off Locations
Dupree Street between Lincoln and Alston and Cecil between Student Center Lot and Fayetteville Street will be the designated drop-off locations for hotel shuttles and Uber or Lyft.
Go Durham Transit
For those who wish to ride public transit, Go Durham operates two routes that connect to the NCCU campus: routes 5 and 8. There is no charge to ride Go Durham or any connecting transit company in the Greater Triangle region.
- Maps and Schedules: Go Durham (godurhamtransit.org) Route 5
- Maps and Schedules: GoDurham (godurhamtransit.org) Route 8
The City of Durham will allow parking on area streets during the ceremonies. The City of Durham Parking Enforcement will ticket or tow only if a vehicle is blocking a residential or business driveway. Please keep that in mind if you park along Lincoln Street, Martha Street, Dupree Street, Merrick Street, Formosa Avenue or Pekoe Avenue.