This section is included to call your attention to certain policies and procedures that need to be considered prior to or during proposal preparation.
1) Entering the information into NCCU RAMSeS. The website to access RAMSeS is https://nccu.myresearchonline.org/ramses/. RAMSeS (Research Administration Management System and electronic Submission) is NCCU’s official proposal tracking and award management system. It is used to create and manage the official University records for all sponsored projects. All proposals requesting funding for a grant, contract or cooperative agreement, whether submitted electronically or via hardcopy, must be routed through RAMSeS. This is accomplished by preparing an electronic Internal Processing Form (eIPF) which is mandatory for all applications regardless of the funding source or submission method. User Handbook for RAMSeS.
2) Obtain the endorsing signatures of the Department Chair and Dean on internal processing forms, the faculty release form, and any letters of commitment for cost sharing or matching funds.
3) Proposals involving faculty, staff or graduate students from more than one department, college or school must be endorsed by all involved chairs or deans as outlined in the above procedure.
4) Please submit and certify the proposal in RAMSeS along with the guidelines/instructions to the Office of Sponsored Research and Programs (OSRP), allowing five (5) business days for processing. For example, if the proposal is due on June 5th, OSRP will need the completed RAMSeS record along with the required documents (listed below in #5) by May 30th.
5) Complete the RAMSeS record and attach the following documents when submitting a proposal to OSRP for review:
1. Draft Abstract
3. Budget Justification
4. Funding Opportunity Solicitation or Sponsor Guidelines/Instructions
5. Forms/Documents needing the signature of the Authorized Official
6. Letters of Commitment by the University
(Matching, In-Kind, Cost-sharing, etc.)
6) OSRP will need to examine in detail the components listed above and be satisfied that the details of the proposal are in accord with the policies of the University and of the granting or contracting agency. OSRP will determine whether additional revisions or discussions are needed before final approval for submission is given. Once satisfied that the proposal is in order, the original and all signature forms will be forwarded to the Director of Sponsored Research and Programs.
North Carolina Central University
1801 Fayetteville St.
Durham, NC 27707