North Carolina Central University (NCCU) Information Technology Services (ITS) provides information technology services to schools, administrators, staff and students, and the growing population of on-line and distance education students in NC. These roles require different methods to deliver IT services:
- We serve NCCU by providing IT support for campus technology equipment (workstations, laptops, etc.), the campus network, security of the campus network, the campus ERP systems (Banner, etc.) training, consulting, utility electronic mail, calendaring, and general availability of all support technologies.
- We serve the constituents of NCCU through coordination and collaboration, which results in the promotion and creation of a synergistic relationship offering thereby a better suite of IT services than could be provided by an individual school, function or departments without the benefits derived from the best practices offered by the others.
- We serve the NCCU on-line and distance education students through the development and delivery of effective, reliable, and intuitive student administrative software applications.
The Information Technology Services department is focused on the highest levels of delivery molded by our overall objectives:
- Improve the operational effectiveness and efficiency of the administrators, faculty and staff at NCCU through the use of technology.
- Enhance the teaching, learning and research process through the use of technology
- Provide adequate support of the technology that is deployed
- Ensure that technology and services provided are at lowest possible cost
ITS is committed to supporting the NCCU community by providing direction, quality resources and effective services in information technology. We strive to create technological solutions that are timely, easy to use and relevant. Providing consistent, high quality and respectful customer service is of paramount importance.
ITS Guiding Principles
Regardless of the population being served, or the IT services being provided, the management and staff of the ITS at NCCU have dedicated themselves to the following principles in all professional efforts.
- We will be above reproach in matters of ethics, legalities, and professional conduct.
- ITS staff understands that the perception of our service is as important as the actual quality of the service, so we will strive to be courteous, civil and polite in all client contacts.
- In return, ITS management will provide the ITS staff with a work environment that is collegial and respectful of individual needs.
- Our goal is to achieve excellence in everything we do and we will endeavor to exceed the expectations of our clients.
- Finally, in matters of our clients’ preferences, the staff will offer its professional opinion on the best method for delivery of quality services but, if disagreements arise, the bottom line metric is that the end user is always right.