Next Steps for Admitted Students
It's time to complete the steps below, which are required to finalize your enrollment. Once you complete these steps, you have officially completed acceptance of the offer of admission.
Visit the Admissions Resources section for additional information.
Admitted for Fall 2021
Step 1: Pay Your Enrollment Deposit
Your $100 enrollment deposit is required to secure your spot in the incoming class. Please note that the Office of Undergraduate Admissions is monitoring the class size and reserves the right to waitlist a student at any time as the class reaches capacity. Hence, it is encouraged that you pay your enrollment deposit as soon as possible. You can pay your enrollment fee in the Eagle Promise Portal.
Step 2: Financial Assistance
File the 2021–2022 FAFSA at https://studentaid.gov Use school code 002950 (Section VI).
Electronically transfer your 2019 Tax Information using the IRS Data Retrieval Tool.
Apply for NCCU Scholarships online at https://nccu.academicworks.com/ for the 2021–2022 academic year. The deadline to apply is February 28, 2021. You must be an admitted student to apply.
Step 3: Register for Orientation (SOAR)
- Visit our Account Creation Tool and enter your Banner ID (820 number), provided on your Eagle Promise Portal.
- Enter your PIN (your date of birth (MMDDYY) and last name.
- Click "Verify My Info."
- After reviewing account information, click "Create My Account."
- Upon account creation, click "Enroll Now" to secure your enrollment and register for Student Orientation, Advising, and Registration (SOAR).
- Please note that there is no up-front cost to register for SOAR; however, a non-refundable orientation fee will be billed to your student account after your registration is has been received.
Step 5: Immunization
Students enrolled in four or more credit hours must submit proof of immunizations by the first day of class. Students must be registered for classes to have access to the Medicat Portal. A link for the Instructions and NC Immunization Requirements is located on the Medicat Home Page. Please open and view the instructions before entering and uploading your immunization record.
- Click here to find your school: select North Carolina Central University.
- Click on the link for instructions; view and follow the instructions for entering and uploading. Failure to do so will result in the student being dropped from all classes.
Welcome to the Eagle Family!
Share your Eagle Pride with the rest of the Eagle's Nest by posting a photo of yourself with your acceptance letter on your favorite social media site or recording a video. Be sure to include #NCCUAdmissions!!