The NCCU Royal Court is committed to upholding the university's motto ‘Truth and Service’, providing opportunities for the campus to get involved in community engagement projects. The Royal Court aims to encourage the student body to participate in service activities and become more aware of some challenges our communities are currently facing. Some of the program initiatives Royal Court is involved in includes:
- The “EDGE Program”; tutoring former high school students who have not completed their schooling, helping them attain their G.E.D while possibly furthering their education.
- “Adopt-A-Family”; During the Christmas season, The Royal Court will adopt families, provid ing toys and gifts to those in need.
- NCCU Nursing Home Christmas Party; A party during the Christmas season allowing elderly citizens to participate in fun activities while giving them an opportunity to relax and embrace the season.
- Mr. NCCU Reception; An award ceremony dedicated to all males on campus highlighting out standing leadership, and positive male images.
- “Reconnecting Wings”; An alumni panel, helping to bridge a communication gap between stu dents and alumni.
Miss North Carolina Central University: Kelsey Hargrove
Mr. North Carolina Central University: Mark Turner
Mr. Senior: Terrance Caldwell
Miss Senior: Jaime Ingram
Mr. Junior: Korey Mercer
Miss Junior: Noredia Akwara
Mr. Sophomore: Stefan Weathers
Miss Sophomore: Mahalia Frost
Mr. Freshman: Tre’Sean Cooks
Miss Freshman: Andrea Liles
o Email: royalCourt@nccu.edu