North Carolina Central University Student Government Association is the governing body whom advocates for your needs, and the organization of student leaders whom speak up for your wants.
Major Accomplishments 2012:
Created an ongoing partnership with Downtown Durham
- An opportunity was created for students to go to the Durham Bulls Game.
- SGA has scheduled regular meetings with the Durham Chamber of Commerce to discuss opportunities of collaboration with local businesses. We have sought opportunities for busi nesses to show their school spirit for NCCU and offer discounts for NCCU students.
New Student Orientation Program Training Day – “True Life NCCU”
- An event held to showcase student organizations and encourage more student involvement. Presentations by the NPHC, Dance and Modeling Troupes, and others gave new students a tasted of what to expect for the 2012-2013 school year.
Further development in Academic Affairs
- “Study Jam” was implemented in the fall of 2012 to create a space for students to prepare for final exams. Tutors, a relaxation room and food were provided to assist students with studying.
Royal Court Service Initiatives
- Mr. & MIss NCCU and the Royal Court implemented a donation drive to assist with gatherig items needed for the Durham Rescue Mission. Over 800 toitletry items were collected!
- The Royal Court traveld to Camilia Gardens Nursing Home to do a holiday party with the resi dents. The kings and queens played bingo, holiday trivia and sang Christmas carols.