While graduate school can be a rewarding experience, it can also be expensive and time consuming. You've got to know if you really want it before you go. Ask yourself and research the answers to these questions:
- How long will it take?
- How much will it cost?
- Am I ready to do the work?
- Is this going to make a difference for my career and long-term income?
- If I need to take out student loans, is it still worth it?
- Should I gain work experience first?
Some good reasons to attend graduate school include:
- I want to be a researcher or a college professor.
- A graduate degree will give me better job choices.
These are not-so-good reasons:
- I do not know what else to do.
- I can put off paying my college loans.
- My parents/teachers expect me to go.
- It is a way to avoid finding a real job.
For more information on attending graduate and professional school click here.