Search Menu
About NCCU Academics Research Admissions Campus Life Athletics Giving

NCDPI Licensure Procedures

Candidates completing programs leading to licensure must apply through NCCU. Form V is not given to candidates or school districts.

Give to your program coordinator before your student teaching/internship ends.

  • Form A
  • SOE Data and Verification Form must be signed by your Program Coordinator
  • Sealed transcript from all universities attended
    Request a sealed transcript and pick it up yourself or have it mailed to your home.
    Do not have your transcript sent here
  • Check for $55 payable to NCDPI ($85.00 for Speech Pathology)
    Or a copy of your Provisional/emergency/or temporary license if you are a
    lateral entry teacher converting to a clear license

Additional documents are required for:

  • K-12 experience -- Form E (available in room 2079)
  • Postsecondary Education Experience Credits -- Form CE (available in room 2079)
  • Praxis II scores required for licensure in the following areas:
    • Elementary Education
    • School Administration
    • ESL, add on
    • School Counseling
    • Media Coordinator
    • Special Education
    • Reading, add on
    • Speech Pathology
    Note: Lateral entry teachers in any area must provide Praxis II scores
  • LEA/IHE Certification of Teaching Capacity or Form S (Form S is used for those who completed student teaching prior to September, 2011) -- If required, Form S, Student Teaching/Internship Evaluation by Local Education Agency, is provided by your University Supervisor to the Teacher Education office.
  • Form V -- The Licensure Officer will generate this form once the packet is submitted.

Mail complete packet to:
2079 H. M. Michaux, Jr. School of Education Building
Durham, NC 27707

© 2016
North Carolina Central University
1801 Fayetteville St., Durham, NC 27707