WAIVE OUT OR YOU’RE IN: The BCBSNC portal is open! Deadline is Feb. 1
North Carolina Central University students meeting specific eligibility criteria are required to have health insurance. NCCU is offering a cost effective option for our students through Student Blue from Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Carolina (BCBSNC).
ENROLLMENT ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS:
· Undergraduate/Graduate Students must be in a degree seeking program and enrolled in 6 or more credit hours on main campus and pay the medical fee.
· All students meeting the eligibility/requirement criteria will be automatically billed for the Student Health Insurance Plan. To activate your insurance you must take action by enrolling.
· To enroll for Spring 2016 visit www.bcbsnc.com/student
· It is the student’s responsibility to complete an online waiver to opt out of the Student Health Insurance Plan in order for the waiver credit to be applied to the student’s bill.
· Waivers or enrollment must be completed by February 1, 2016 for the Spring 2016 Semester.
· If you do not have an approved waiver by February 1, 2016 you will be enrolled in the student insurance plan by default.
· NOTE: Distance Education students ONLY are not required to have health insurance nor are they required to waive out. Distance Education ONLY students do not meet the eligibility requirements for enrollment.
· Please visit www.bcbsnc.com/student to waive out, enroll, or find more information about the Student Health Insurance Plan.