Search Menu
About NCCU Academics Research Admissions Campus Life Athletics Giving

How Do I Know Which VA Education Benefit I May Qualify For?

Frequently Asked Questions
How Do I Know Which VA Education Benefit I May Qualify For?

The Montgomery GI Bill (Chapter 30):  Generally for individuals who served continuously for three or by serving two years on active duty followed by four years of Selected Reserve. 

The Montgomery GI Bill (Chapter 1606):  Select Reserve Educational Assistance Program, for members of the Reserve or National Guard.  To be eligible, reservist must have a six-year obligation to serve in the Select Reserve. 

Survivors’ and Dependents’ Educational Assistance (Chapter 35):  Available to spouses and children of veterans (under 26 years old) who died or are permanently and totally disabled (100%) as the result of a service-related disability.

Vocation Rehabilitation & Employment (Chapter 31):  For veterans with a service-connected disability of at least 20%.  Benefits provide a monthly stipend and cover the cost of tuition, books, and supplies.

Reserve Educational Assistance (REAP) Chapter 1607:  To be eligible, you have to have been a member of a reserve component or National Guard who serves on active duty on or after September 11, 2001 and who serves at least 90 consecutive days.

Post 9/11 GI Bill (Chapter 33):  To be eligible, you have to have active duty service time after September 11, 2001. 

Search For a Topic

© 2016
North Carolina Central University
1801 Fayetteville St., Durham, NC 27707