How Do I Setup EagleMail with Other Mail Clients?
|How Do I Setup EagleMail with Other Mail Clients?|
You can use the following information to configure IMAP with many mail clients. Please note that if your client does not support SMTP authentication, you won't be able to send mail through your client using your EagleMail address.
- Sign into EagleMail (http://mail.eagles.nccu.edu) with your Active Directory user name and password.
- Click on the Settings link. If you do not see a "Settings" link, you may have to switch to basic HTML view at the bottom of the page.
- Click on Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab.
- Select Enable IMAP then click on the Save Changes button.
- Click on Accounts tab.
- Click on the Google Account settings link. You will be redirected to the "Google accounts" page.
- Click on the Change password link. You will be redirected to the "Google Apps Password Change" page.
- Enter the following information then click on the OK button.
- Active Directory user name. This is the same username and password to log into computers on campus, checking your e-mail, etc.
- Active Directory password.
- Google Apps password you want to use with your Google applications.
- Retype your new Google Apps password.
Note: It may take up to 15 minutes for your Google Apps password to take effect.
|Incoming Mail (IMAP) Server - requires SSL:||imap.gmail.com|
Use SSL: Yes
|Outgoing Mail (SMTP) Server - requires TLS:||smtp.gmail.com|
Use Authentication: Yes
Use STARTTLS: Yes (some clients call this SSL)
Port: 465 or 587
|Account Name: ||your full email address, firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Email Address: ||your full email address, email@example.com|
|Password: ||your Google Apps password, that was set using the steps above|