How Do I Setup EagleMail with an Outlook 2007 Client?
|How Do I Setup EagleMail with an Outlook 2007 Client?|
- Sign into EagleMail (http://mail.eagles.nccu.edu) with your Active Directory user name and password.
- Click on the Settings link. If you do not see a "Settings" link, you may have to switch to basic HTML view at the bottom of the page.
- Click on Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab.
- Select Enable IMAP then click on the Save Changes button.
- Click on Accounts tab.
- Click on the Google Account settings link. You will be redirected to the "Google accounts" page.
- Click on the Change password link. You will be redirected to the "Google Apps Password Change" page.
- Enter the following information then click on the OK button.
- Active Directory user name. This is the same username and password to log into computers on campus, checking your e-mail, etc.
- Active Directory password.
- Google Apps password you want to use with your Google applications.
- Retype your new Google Apps password.
Note: It may take up to 15 minutes for your Google Apps password to take effect.
- Open Outlook 2007
- Enter your display name, email address (YourUsername@eagles.nccu.edu), and password (Your Google Apps Password)
- Select the 'Manually configure server settings or additional server types' checkbox, click Next
- Select Internet E-mail
- Settings: Name, Full Eaglemail address (YourUsername@eagles.nccu.edu)
- In the Account Type dropdown menu, select IMAP
- Incoming Server: imap.gmail.com
- Outgoing Server: smtp.gmail.com
- In the 'User Name' field, give your full Eaglemail address, (YourUsername@eagles.nccu.edu)
- Select 'More Settings...' button
- Select Advanced tab in Internet E-mail Settings
- Incoming server must be 993, and must use SSL encryption
- Outgoing server can use 587, TLS encryption
- Click the Outgoing Server tab. Make sure that 'My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication' is selected. The radio button 'Use same settings as my incoming mail server' should also be selected.
- Cick OK > Next > Finish > Close > OK
- Check our Eaglemail's recommended client settings, and adjust your client's settings as needed.
Congratulations, you have completed the steps in this document!