How Do I Setup EagleMail with a Palm Pre
|How Do I Setup EagleMail with a Palm Pre|
- Sign into EagleMail (http://mail.eagles.nccu.edu) with your Active Directory user name and password.
- Click on the Settings link. If you do not see a "Settings" link, you may have to switch to basic HTML view at the bottom of the page.
- Click on Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab.
- Select Enable IMAP then click on the Save Changes button.
- Click on Accounts tab.
- Click on the Google Account settings link. You will be redirected to the "Google accounts" page.
- Click on the Change password link. You will be redirected to the "Google Apps Password Change" page.
- Enter the following information then click on the OK button.
- Active Directory user name. This is the same username and password to log into computers on campus, checking your e-mail, etc.
- Active Directory password.
- Google Apps password you want to use with your Google applications.
- Retype your new Google Apps password.
Note: It may take up to 15 minutes for your Google Apps password to take effect.
- Palm Pre: Click the E-Mail icon to open your email
- Click the "E-Mail" drop down arrow in the upper left hand corner
- Select "Preferences & Accounts"
- Scroll to the bottom and select "Add An Account"
- Click the "Email" drop down arrow in the upper left hand corner again
- Select "Manual Setup"
- Mail Type: IMAP
Email Address: Enter your full email address (email@example.com)
- Incoming Mail Server
Server Name: imap.gmail.com
Username: Enter your full email address (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Password: Enter your Google Apps password.
- Outgoing Mail Server
Server Name: smtp.gmail.com
Use Authentication: Yes
Root Folder: Leave Blank
Congratulations, you have completed the steps in this document!