How Do I Setup EagleMail with a Blackberry Device?
|How Do I Setup EagleMail with a Blackberry Device?|
- Sign into EagleMail (http://mail.eagles.nccu.edu) with your Active Directory user name and password.
- Click on the Settings link. If you do not see a "Settings" link, you may have to switch to basic HTML view at the bottom of the page.
- Click on Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab.
- Select Enable IMAP then click on the Save Changes button.
- Click on Accounts tab.
- Click on the Google Account settings link. You will be redirected to the "Google accounts" page.
- Click on the Change password link. You will be redirected to the "Google Apps Password Change" page.
- Enter the following information then click on the OK button.
- Active Directory user name. This is the same username and password to log into computers on campus, checking your e-mail, etc.
- Active Directory password.
- Google Apps password you want to use with your Google applications.
- Retype your new Google Apps password.
Note: It may take up to 15 minutes for your Google Apps password to take effect.
- On your BlackBerry device, navigate to your Home Screen.
- Select the Setup Email icon. Depending on the version of your BlackBerry, this may be called BlackBerry Set-up, Setup, Email Settings, or Personal Email Set-up.
- Click on either Gmail or Other, then click on the Next button.
- Enter your EagleMail address. (YourUsername@eagles.nccu.edu), enter your Google Apps password, then click on the Next or the Finish button.
Congratulations, you have completed the steps in this document! If setup is successful, you should receive a confirmation message and a new mailbox icon should appear on your device's home screen labeled with your EagleMail address. You may need to power down your device to view the icon on the home screen.