North Carolina Central University
1801 Fayetteville St.
Durham, NC 27707
How safe will I be on campus?
Safety is based on good common sense and following those same rules that your parents and others have taught you. Some examples:
• Don’t trust strangers
• Always travel with those you know
• There is safety in numbers
• Never leave valuables unattended
Some people measure safety by the amount of crime on campus. Generally, most university and college campuses will experience less crime than their surrounding community. The University Police Department has implemented several programs to assist with safety. These include:
• An escort program
• Emergency telephones located all around campus
• Residence hall watch program
• Operation Eagle Identification program