The loan period may not exceed three days without special permission. Reserve equipment only for the actual scheduled hours of your class, meeting, or presentation. Clients should return equipment promptly after use so that we may accommodate as many clients as possible.
Personal Use of Equipment
All equipment is for use in NCCU classes, meetings, and sponsored programs. Equipment may not be loaned to non-NCCU individuals, institutions, or agencies.
Student Use of Equipment
Students should contact their instructor to arrange for equipment for classroom use. Due to the cost of and potential problems with laptop computers and data projectors, these types of equipment can be loaned to students under the signature or email of their instructors ONLY. If special loans are needed for other types of equipment, the equipment must be booked in advance and students must bring a memo from the instructor on departmental letterhead stating the needs. Equipment will be loaned to the student under the instructor or advisor's signature. Students must present a valid student ID before obtaining the equipment.
Student groups who wish to obtain equipment or have access to equipment in any classroom or auditorium teaching station must bring a memo on departmental letterhead from their faculty or staff advisor, or must obtain a memo from the Office of Student Life. Students must present validated ID before obtaining equipment. Students who need training in the use of any equipment must schedule such training well in advance of use.
Scheduling and Delivery of Equipment
Faculty and staff may reserve equipment at any time during office hours for pick up. Items picked up at the CUTL must be returned to the CUTL. In special situations, arrangements may be made for delivery. Items to be delivered must be reserved before 11 A. M. on the day prior to the expected day of use.
Please inform CUTL staff of any cancellations as soon as possible. If the reservation is not cancelled, records will indicate a "No Show." Repeated "No Shows" limit our ability to service others. Therefore, future requests may be denied.
Distribution of Equipment
- All equipment is for use by NCCU students, staff, and faculty only. This includes all campus affiliates and organizations. Students should note the Student Use of Equipment. All equipment must be signed out and in using the appropriate form.
- All equipment is reserved on a first come, first serve basis. Advanced reservations are strongly recommended to ensure equipment availability. All equipment must be returned by the specified times. If you find that you need to keep an item longer than anticipated, please notify our office as soon as possible. If items are available, we will attempt to accommodate your request.
- All equipment must be picked up or returned between the hours of 8:00 A. M. and 4:30 P. M. It is not acceptable to leave equipment outside of the office door.
- All equipment except cameras must be turned off after use or when not being used for periods of a half-hour or more. You are responsible for communicating this information to your guest lecturers or students in your class who may use the equipment.
- Do not leave documents on the desktop. Any unauthorized software or documents left on CUTL laptops or computers are subject to deletion at any time.
- If equipment is damaged during the check out period, the responsible person and/or department may be responsible for repairs or replacement.
Stolen or Missing Equipment
If you suspect that an item may have been stolen or if the equipment assigned to you is missing, call University Police at 530-6106 and the Center at 530-7188.