Associate Professor, Pharmaceutical Sciences, NCCU, Durham, NC Since 07, 2012
* Offering both graduate and undergraduate level courses
* Carrying out hypothesis-driven researches
* Training graduate and undergraduate students
* Providing services
CURRENT RESEARCH PROJECTS
1. N-Glycoengineering of tobacco plants to produce cytoprotective asialoerythropoietin (asialo-EPO) and therapeutic glycoproteins
2. Studying the functions of plant-produced therapeutic glycoproteins
3. Using variegated 'Pothos' (Epipremnum aureum) plants to study chloroplast biogenesis
4. Understanding the role of recycling methyl groups (one-carbon units) from alkaloids for plant primary metabolism and growth
1. Gene cloning and functional characterization with modern molecular techniques.
2. Agrobacterium-mediated plant transformation.
3. Protein purification from transgenic leaf tissues.
4. Cell-based cytoprotective assay in various cell models.