The Department of History seeks to educate students' search for truth through excellence in teaching, scholarly research, and service, thus developing students with knowledge, technological competence, aesthetic and ethical values to be successful in a global society. The Department will provide history majors and minors with an educational environment and experience that will prepare them to teach at the secondary school level, to pursue graduate study, or to find employment in law, government service, industry, and other public and private sectors.Program Learning Outcomes:
- Students will demonstrate knowledge of historical method and bibliography.
- Students will demonstrate knowledge of historiography in specific areas of study.
- Students will demonstrate the ability to original historical research and writing.
- Students will produce an acceptable research thesis that will demonstrate knowledge of historical themes, patterns, issues, appropriate historiography, historical context, analysis, and synthesis.
- Students will be introduced to PhD study in History.