The Department of History seeks to educate students' search for truth through excellence in teaching, scholarly research, and service, thus developing students with knowledge, technological competence, aesthetic and ethical values to be successful in a global society. The Department will provide history majors and minors with an educational environment and experience that will prepare them to teach at the secondary school level, to pursue graduate study, or to find employment in law, government service, industry, and other public and private sectors.Program Learning Outcomes:
- Students will demonstrate an understanding of major historical themes and patterns associated with regions and historical periods.
- Students will demonstrate knowledge of historical method and bibliography.
- Students will demonstrate the ability to do historical research and writing.
- Students will demonstrate analytical and critical thinking about historical issues.
- Students will illustrate effective writing and oral communication skills.
- Students will demonstrate an awareness of the study of History as a profession.