The Department of History seeks to educate students' search for truth through excellence in teaching, scholarly research, and service, thus developing students with knowledge, technological competence, aesthetic and ethical values to be successful in a global society. The Department will provide history majors and minors with an educational environment and experience that will prepare them to teach at the secondary school level, to pursue graduate study, or to find employment in law, government service, industry, and other public and private sectors.Program Learning Outcomes:
- Students will define major historical themes and patterns associated with regions and historical periods.
- Students will demonstrate a broad knowledge of world cultures.
- Students will demonstrate knowledge of the Social Science disciplines.
- Students will demonstrate knowledge of appropriate instructional and teaching methods.
- Students will demonstrate knowledge of teaching a diverse population of students, and respect and care about students.