A dynamic education alliance at North Carolina Central University among several colleges and schools, collaborating to increase the number of knowledgeable and motivated students at NCCU pursuing and attaining careers in science and mathematics.
- Utilizing the Center infrastructure to increase the competitiveness of NCCU in the extramural funding arena through the formation of an intra-university consortium of programs focusing on reinforcing and enhancing academic preparation in the sciences and math.
- To develop and obtain funding for alternative interdisciplinary programs/activities, to improve the learning and teaching of math, science and technology K-16 education.
- To establish NCCU as a site for the Minority Science Education Network.
- To develop a Web page and bi-annual newsletter to showcase the programs in the Center, increase the visibility and better position it for extramural funding.
- To establish a mechanism(s) to evaluate the Center, the effectiveness of its programs and the success in meeting it’s Goals and Objectives