What is ResNET?
Because we want every student staying in the Residence Halls to have a positive computer experience while attending North Carolina Central University, we have the Residential Networking Education and Technology (ResNET) team. ResNET offers in-room network connectivity support for any person living in the residence halls.
ResNET also holds various events throughout the year to inform and assist students such as:
- Student TechChecks Dates
- TechChecks are an event in which a team of ResNET Technicians visit a location on campus and help solve technology problems.
- TechChecks are a convenient way to get technology assistance in your area.
- Events to Showcase and Demo Laptops in the University Laptop Program
- Employment Opportunities within the ITS Division
To obtain assistance from ResNET contact our Student Computer Repair Center.
The ResNET team offers many free services to include:
- PC/Laptop Check-Ups
- Free Virus Protection Software
- Virus/Spyware Removal
- Network Connectivity/Log-In Support Assistance
- Hard Drive Reformats/ Operating Systems Reinstalls (students must provide a genuine copy of their Operating System)
- Hardware/Software Consultations
- Online Gaming Support
- Consultations for the University Laptop Program and Discounted Software Purchases
Just visit the Student Computer Repair Center (SCRC) to drop off your desktop/laptop for repair. The ITS Student Repair Center is located on the lower level of the Alfonso Elder Student Union (beside the Campus Post Office). If you have any questions you can contact the SCRC at 530-5038.