The NCCU Purchasing Department oversees procurement of all goods and services from outside vendors (with the exception of personnel contracts, real estate transactions, and construction contracts) in a manner that is ethical, impartial, open, fair and honest in accord with the applicable university and state purchasing rules and regulations.
The Purchasing Department supports the educational mission of the university by helping all departments obtain products and services of a high quality, at the lowest cost and in the time needed. We endeavor to ensure that the university and the taxpayers receive full value for their money. The Purchasing Department is dedicated to conducting its business in accordance with NCCU policies, state laws and the highest ethical standards.
The primary goals of the University Purchasing Department are:
- To provide high-quality, responsive and professional purchasing services and communication in a courteous, cheerful and friendly manner.
- To maintain a positive, productive and enjoyable work environment in which the contributions and dignity of the individual are recognized.
- To develop and maintain cooperative, courteous and positive relationships with vendors and ensure the quality services provided to the university.
- To monitor control over the expenditures of the funds without reducing the quality of services.
- To develop, circulate, explain and update written policies and procedures for the Purchasing Department.