Persons not seeking a degree but desiring to take a limited number of courses, and individuals who are unable to furnish a record of previous high school or college work may be admitted as unclassified students. Unclassified students will become eligible for classification as regular students when they meet the full entrance requirements.
- Special/Unclassified undergraduate students may take no more than 12 semester hours of course work. At that point they must apply for and be admitted to a degree program before they will be allowed to continue their education at NCCU.
- The academic rank of special/unclassified students and their progress toward their selected degree will be determined when they apply as degree-seeking students at NCCU.
- To become a Special Student at NCCU, you must apply and be accepted by our Undergraduate Admissions Office. Please click here for more information How To Apply
- Special Student Office
- Division of Extended Studies
- Student Health & Counseling Services
- University Testing
- Undergraduate Admissions
- Graduate Admissions
- Continuing Education
Note: This information applies to undergraduate special students only. If you already have an undergraduate or graduate degree, please contact our Graduate Admissions Office.