Candidates for admission to the Athletic Training Program must meet the following criteria:
Some immunizations or tiders are required for entrance to the University. There are additional immunizations or tiders required at various clinical sites. These can cost $20-$75 each. Physicals at NCCU student health are free with student insurance.
4. Applications are due November 1 (or the closest business day)for students to enter the program for the spring semester. The application process is completed with a formal interview in November. Athletic training faculty, students and other faculty may serve on the interview committee. Admission is selective; meeting all the above criteria does not guarantee admission to the program. The objective criteria for the selection process will be given to students at the application meeting.
5. Students are notified of their program status after the completion of fall semester grades.
6. The NCCU Athletic Training Program is a highly competitive program. Even if all admission requirements are met, admission into the Athletic Training Program is NOT guaranteed.
7. Students must commit to a minimum of five semesters and a minimum of 200 clinical hours per semester for the completion of course work and clinical experiences.
8. Transfer students may apply for admission into the program. They must meet the aforementioned admission policies. Athletic Training Program-specific classes and/or clinical hours must have been completed at a CAATE accredited institution to be considered for transfer credit. A transcript and course descriptions must be submitted to the Athletic Training Program Director, who will make the final decision as to the acceptance of Athletic Training Program-specific classes. The final 30 credit hours of a student's degree must be completed at NCCU.
9. Student-athletes are eligible to apply for admittance to the Athletic Training Program. It will not be possible to complete the program requirements without full cooperation from the student-athlete's coaching staff. No exceptions will be made to course sequencing or completion of acceptable clinical experiences.
10. The Athletic Training Program does not discriminate based upon race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex, age, political affiliation, sexual orientation or disabling condition. The program adheres to the North Carolina Central University equal opportunity/affirmative action/nondiscrimination policy.
Other costs associated with the University can be found in the University Undergraduate Catalog.
North Carolina Central University
1801 Fayetteville St.
Durham, NC 27707