Program Schedule, Curriculum, and Completion Requirements
The internship begins in August and continues through June of the following year.
The curriculum is composed of the following:
The didactic part of the curriculum consists of three graduate courses (9 credit hours), which are completed between August and November each year:
- FCSG 5130-Nutrition Through the Life Cycle (3 credits)
- FCSG 5160-Applied Medical Nutrition Therapy (3 credits)
- FCSG 5140-Special Problems in Dietetics (3 credits)
The site rotations are conducted from November through May and account for 6 credit hours:
- FCSG 5810 Dietetic Internship (6 credits)
- Successful completion of courses with a grade of B or higher
- Completion of all internship experiences and rotations with a satisfactory rating from faculty and clinical preceptors
- Participation and the attainment of a minimum grade of 80% on the dietetic internship exit examination.