In addition to training the world’s next great scientists, BRITE
also provides its faculty with a world-class research facility that
allows them to conduct studies spanning subjects such as:
- High Throughput Screening
- Liquid Handling and Automation
- Assay Development
- High-Content Analysis for lead optimization and biological relevance from screening data
- Synthetic Organic Chemistry
- Medicinal Chemistry, SAR
- Protein Production, Proteomics
- Molecular Biology, Plant Genetics
- Biosensor Technology
Our industry-inspired core facilities allow us to truly connect
education with real world practice – providing our students with the
most comprehensive training possible and preparing them to step into
jobs ready and able to make a difference on day one.
Here are just a few of the research initiatives currently being
conducted at BRITE. Click on a faculty member to learn more about their
Li-An Yeh, Ph.D.
- Neuroprotective Agents
- Role of Tau in Alzheimer’s Disease
Gordon Ibeanu, Ph.D.
- Neurodegenerative Diseases: Alzheimer’s Disease
- Neurodegenerative Diseases: Huntington Disease
- Role of G-protein Coupled Receptors in Oncogenesis
David Kroll, Ph.D.
- Pure Flavonolignans from Milk Thistle
- Discovery of Anticancer Natural Products
Andy Li , M.D., Ph.D.
- Mechanism and Treatment of Brain Damage After Stroke
- Exacerbation Effects of Diabetes and Hyperglycemia on Stroke
Carla Oldham, Ph.D.
- Investigation of the Role of CHK in Neuronal Development
John Scott, Ph.D.
- PON1 Transcriptional Regulation
- Regulation of PON1 Expression by Cytokines
Jonathan Sexton, Ph.D.
- Real Time Process Monitoring and Control
- Using Nanoparticle-Bio Conjugates to Increase Effective Dose Rates
- Treatments for Type-II Diabetes, Metabolic Syndrome and Cardiovascular Diseases
Alfred Williams, Ph.D
- Natural Products Synthesis
- Diversity Oriented Synthesis
- Drug Discovery
Kevin Williams, Ph.D.
- Protein Modifications
- Protein Stability and Formulation
- Identifying Novel Cancer Therapeutics
Jiahua Xie, Ph.D.
- Identification of Se-accumulating Genes in Se-hyperaccumulation Plants
- Novel Plant Expression Systems
- Genetic Cause of Defective Chloroplasts in Pale Yellow Sectors of Variegated Golden Pathos
Liju Yang, Ph.D.
- Dieletrophoresis Enhanced Microchips for Bacterial Pathogen Detection
- Nanomaterials Interfacing Biological Cells
- Biosensors and Biochips for Early Cancer Diagnosis
Weifan Zheng, Ph.D.
- Novel Computational Tools
- Cheminformatics Approach to Model Neurodegenerative Disease Targets
- Structure-Based Anesthetic Agent Discovery