North Carolina Central University
1801 Fayetteville St.
Durham, NC 27707
Mission and Goals
In this increasingly interconnected world, enhanced knowledge of the human condition and experience studying global interconnections offers students the chance to increase their global competitiveness. The Global Studies concentration at NCCU provides both theoretical and practical opportunities to deepen students' understanding of the world and their broaden outlook on local and national events.
1. expand students’ global cultural awareness through curricular means
2. incorporate global awareness into GEC and encourage all majors and graduate programs to incorporate global awareness in their curricula
3. enhance “virtual” international experiences utilizing distance learning
4. increase foreign language study areas
5. encourage student participation in study abroad, exchanges, and international internships through the Office of International Affairs
6. provide more opportunities for faculty to participate in research collaborations and travel overseas