Why Study Abroad?
- About 40 countries to choose from through UNC-EP and ISEP!
- Summer, semester and full academic year options.
- Open to undergraduate and graduate students from nearly all fields of study.
- Earn up to 15 credit hours per semester and up to 6 credit hours per summer.
- Study in English or a variety of other languages.
- For many programs, the expected cost for student tuition, fees, room and board would be about the same as a semester or year at NCCU.
- Most forms of financial aid, such as grants or loans for which you are eligible at NCCU, may be applied to study abroad. Veterans benefits may also be applied. Even if you are normally ineligible for financial aid, you should still submit a financial aid application. You may find that you are eligible for additional funding.
- Check out the “International Scholarships and Fellowships” section of the OIA Web sites for links to additional funding opportunities.
Other Reasons to Study Abroad
The following deadlines apply to all students.
The Office of International Affairs deadlines for completed applications are as follows:
Study abroad semester, summer or academic year Deadline
To study abroad in the spring semester August 24
To study abroad in the summer January 15
To study abroad in the fall semester February 1
To study abroad for a full academic year (fall and spring semesters) February 1
The American Institute for Foreign Study (AIFS) and the National Association For Equal Opportunity in Higher Education (NAFEO) are working together to provide scholarships for outstanding students at HBCUs to study abroad with AIFS. These special scholarships will be available to students attending NAFEO-member institutions. Scholarship winners can study for a semester (fall or spring) on any AIFS program.
Awards/Eligibility: Students will receive 50 percent of the AIFS all-inclusive program fee. Students must meet all standard AIFS eligibility requirements. Students are advised to work with their home institution's study-abroad coordinator and their academic advisor to facilitate the transfer of academic credit.
Awards will be made by AIFS in conjunction with NAFEO.
Completed scholarship and program applications must be postmarked by Sept. 15, 2011 for the spring semester.
Forms and Documents
Basic Policies Form
Application Instructions and Forms
Power of Attorney
Health and Safety Information