Instituto de Astronomia y Fisica del Espacio
Departamento de Fisica, Universidad de Buenos Aires, Argentina
During the last years, a number of massive calculations, using thousand of processors and sophisticated computational methods, where performed in the atomic physics field. In this talk, I will explain why are necessary such huge amount of computer resources. Then, I will show some examples of our recent calculations:
1. Exact quantum mechanics solutions for the He atom
2. Time-dependent propagations
3. Simulations of collisions between an ion and a surface
4. High-intensity short laser pulses in metal surfaces
5. Endohedrally confined atoms
Tuesday, March 16, 2010
New Science Complex, Room 1229
1:30 p.m. 2:30 p.m.
For addition information contact Dr. Branislav Vlahovic (email@example.com 919-530-7253).