- To provide stewardship and support over the university’s faculty and staff through the preservation, development, and enforcement of an ethical human resources system.
- To manage personnel policies, practices, and procedures that support an employee culture designed to reinforce and reward desired organizational behaviors.
- To provide strategic partnership, consultation, and organizational resources required to attract, develop, and retain a competent, motivated, and diverse workforce.
- To provide personal and professional growth opportunities for university employees in support of an evolving higher education climate and culture.
- To serve as an employee advocacy group supporting the fair treatment of employees, while partnering with and training management regarding fairness issues.
- To constantly seek to improve and sustain employee morale, actively seeking to resolve employee issues.
- To create an environment of mutual respect through the transparent and consistent application of personnel policies, practices, and procedures within the confines of the law.
NOTE: NCCU's DHR Service Statements are also available as a PDF document.